How often are referrals updated?
It can take up to 30 minutes for a referral order to appear.
Why are referral orders not showing in BrandChamp?
See the checklist below.
- Check order status:
- Order must not be marked as cancelled
- Order must not have been fully refunded
- At least 1 order item must not be a gift card (we ignore gift cards for referrals)
- Order status must be set to “Completed”
- At least one order item needs to be marked as shipped
- Order itself has to be marked as shipped or at least partially shipped
- Check the order in your eCommerce store:
- If using referral discount codes, make sure the order has the expected referral discount code attached
- Note for Shopify: The “Ultimate Special Offers” Shopify App is incompatible with BrandChamp referral discount code tracking as that app replaces the actual discount code used with its own generic “SpecialOffers” discount code. As a result, the BC system cannot see the original discount code used in order to match it to a BrandChamp discount code.
- If using referral links, see if the order has the BrandChamp referral code attached (see below)
How to check for the BrandChamp referral code (for referral links)
If an order came in via a referral link, it will show a “brandchamp_ref” field with the referral code for the BrandChamp.
If an order came in via a referral link, it will show a “brandchamp_ref” field in the Custom Fields area with the referral code for the BrandChamp.
Referral link tracking is not supported.
Referral Discount Codes
For more information on discount codes or to edit your discount codes, please see this support article:
For more information on referral links or to edit your referral links, please see this support article:
BrandChamp Self Referrals
If a referral order appears to have been made by the BrandChamp themselves, it may be marked as suspicious and require manual approval. For more details, see this article here:
General Referral Settings
To edit your account’s referral settings go to the Settings>Referrals tab.
More info on the settings here: